Committees & Officers
This page provides information about the role and current membership of each of the IAFPA committees. Information relating to research grants and supported projects is provided on the Research Grants page.
Professor Peter French
The Executive Committee is responsible for the following:
- The general running of the Association
- Planning and reviewing the activities and policies of the Association
- Considering applications for membership
The current Executive Committee:
- Chair: Tina Cambier-Langeveld – email@example.com
- Secretary: Ruth Bahr
- Treasurer & Membership Secretary: Richard Rhodes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anna Bartle
- Volker Dellwo
The role of the Research Committee is to promote research activities within the Association by:
- considering and making recommendations to the Executive Committee on Members’ applications for Association funding for research projects;
- coordinating research proposals from networks of Members and assisting in the presentation of those proposals to external funding bodies.
The current Research Committee:
- Chair: Viktoria “Vica” Papp – email@example.com
- Dominic Watt
- Volker Dellwo
- Erica Gold
- Georgina Brown
- Finnian Kelly
- Radek Skarnitzl
- Vincent Hughes
Titles and links to abstracts of both current and past research projects supported by IAFPA can be found on the Research Grants page. A series of guidelines is in place for those members wishing to make an application for a research grant.
The conference committee changes year on year.
IAFPA has a working group who were tasked with investigating how IAFPA how can help members carry out method testing, and share and compare the results of different test methods on different data-sets. This group completed this work, and reported to the AGM at the annual conference.
There is also a working group established to review the current Code of Practice (CoP); it was decided at the 2016 AGM that the Professional Conduct Committee would be dissolved in favour of a working group with a fixed timetable to review the current CoP, and update it to reflect current practices.